- Mexico (3) Apply Mexico filter
- Honduras (3) Apply Honduras filter
- Nepal (2) Apply Nepal filter
- Capacity Building (2) Apply Capacity Building filter
- Guatemala (2) Apply Guatemala filter
- Colombia (2) Apply Colombia filter
- Kenya (2) Apply Kenya filter
- Indonesia (2) Apply Indonesia filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (1) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Events (1) Apply Events filter
29 November 2018Every day more women all over the world are taking action to promote equality, peace and justice. It is these women who, whether they mean to or not, are transforming traditional gender roles and power structures, by dedicating their lives to defending fundamental human rights. More and more, these extraordinary women are identifying themselves as human rights defenders. In general, it is said that women are doubly vulnerable, for being women and for defending human rights, however, they are strengthened by their determination to create positive change in our societies.
2 November 2018During three days, 40 human rights defenders from the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia came together in Brussels to exchange experiences and knowledge about holistic protection. This meeting allowed us to analyse the global tendencies that impact our risk as well as identify our common needs as a collective of human rights defenders. The sessions allowed us to construct a common narrative and key messages and recommendations to political actors in the European Union and it´s member states.
31 October 2018Being a human rights defender is a job that implies a lot of risk, often in contexts of socio-political violence and an increase in criminalisation. The stress and constant concerns that this work brings with it generates a series of impacts on both physical and emotional levels that do not only attack the human rights defender personally, but also weaken their collective organisational processes of resistance.