- Honduras (2) Apply Honduras filter
- Guatemala (2) Apply Guatemala filter
- Mexico (2) Apply Mexico filter
- Kenya (1) Apply Kenya filter
- Indonesia (1) Apply Indonesia filter
- Nepal (1) Apply Nepal filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (1) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Capacity Building (1) Apply Capacity Building filter
- Colombia (1) Apply Colombia filter
29 November 2018Every day more women all over the world are taking action to promote equality, peace and justice. It is these women who, whether they mean to or not, are transforming traditional gender roles and power structures, by dedicating their lives to defending fundamental human rights. More and more, these extraordinary women are identifying themselves as human rights defenders. In general, it is said that women are doubly vulnerable, for being women and for defending human rights, however, they are strengthened by their determination to create positive change in our societies.
31 October 2018Being a human rights defender is a job that implies a lot of risk, often in contexts of socio-political violence and an increase in criminalisation. The stress and constant concerns that this work brings with it generates a series of impacts on both physical and emotional levels that do not only attack the human rights defender personally, but also weaken their collective organisational processes of resistance.