- Honduras (2) Apply Honduras filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (2) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Criminalisation (1) Apply Criminalisation filter
- Guatemala (1) Apply Guatemala filter
- Mexico (1) Apply Mexico filter
- Kenya (1) Apply Kenya filter
- Indonesia (1) Apply Indonesia filter
- Nepal (1) Apply Nepal filter
- Land and enviromental defenders (1) Apply Land and enviromental defenders filter
29 November 2018Every day more women all over the world are taking action to promote equality, peace and justice. It is these women who, whether they mean to or not, are transforming traditional gender roles and power structures, by dedicating their lives to defending fundamental human rights. More and more, these extraordinary women are identifying themselves as human rights defenders. In general, it is said that women are doubly vulnerable, for being women and for defending human rights, however, they are strengthened by their determination to create positive change in our societies.
3 October 2018Many people know that according to Global Witness,1 Honduras is the most dangerous place in the world for environmental rights defenders, a fact that was reiterated by Michel Forst, Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders, in his recent visit to the country,2 however, the situation is even more serious if the defender is a woman.