- Honduras (3) Apply Honduras filter
- Justice and Rule of Law (3) Apply Justice and Rule of Law filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (3) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Land and enviromental defenders (3) Apply Land and enviromental defenders filter
- Economic and Social Rights (3) Apply Economic and Social Rights filter
- Criminalisation (3) Apply Criminalisation filter
- Extractives and Energy projects (2) Apply Extractives and Energy projects filter
- LGBTI (2) Apply LGBTI filter
6 February 2020PBI accompany human rights defenders in different parts of the world who push for social justice and respect for the rule of law. This work often implies considerable risk. PBI supports many defenders who have been crimianlised for the work they carry out, meaning the legal system is used against them in order to stop their resistance.
10 December 2019This December, and continuously, PBI puts human rights defenders at the centre, in the position they deserve given the fundamental role they play in the protection of human rights and the construction of fair and peaceful societies. Human rights defenders continue to provide voices for the voiceless, pushing for social justice. They often risk their lives to stand up for what they believe in, holding states to account and pushing for human rights to be respected, protected and fulfilled.
9 July 2019“We feel safer since we started being accompanied by PBI”. “Whenever I travel to certain places in the country I always ask for PBI accompaniment”. “The presence of PBI during hearings helps a lot. Our people feel supported and can identify as human rights defenders”.