- Indonesia (2) Apply Indonesia filter
- Nepal (2) Apply Nepal filter
- Mexico (2) Apply Mexico filter
- Honduras (2) Apply Honduras filter
- Kenya (2) Apply Kenya filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (1) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Events (1) Apply Events filter
- Capacity Building (1) Apply Capacity Building filter
- Guatemala (1) Apply Guatemala filter
- Colombia (1) Apply Colombia filter
29 November 2018Every day more women all over the world are taking action to promote equality, peace and justice. It is these women who, whether they mean to or not, are transforming traditional gender roles and power structures, by dedicating their lives to defending fundamental human rights. More and more, these extraordinary women are identifying themselves as human rights defenders. In general, it is said that women are doubly vulnerable, for being women and for defending human rights, however, they are strengthened by their determination to create positive change in our societies.
2 November 2018During three days, 40 human rights defenders from the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia came together in Brussels to exchange experiences and knowledge about holistic protection. This meeting allowed us to analyse the global tendencies that impact our risk as well as identify our common needs as a collective of human rights defenders. The sessions allowed us to construct a common narrative and key messages and recommendations to political actors in the European Union and it´s member states.